Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Burning Bush

So here is the thing, the president of the United States of America is making an appearance in Mankato tomorrow. Although this is pretty sweet, it would be a whole lot sweeter if the guy wasn't a complete moron. Anyway, today I had to haul bleachers from N. Kato out to the giant rock crater that Bush plans to speak in. I figured the job would be pretty sweet, I mean nothing makes your morning like getting worked over by a couple of huge secret service men. I was expecting half of the U.S. armed forces to be at the site ready to protect our glorious and majestic commander in chief, it was quite the opposite.

Instead, at the site stood about 20 people, and I mean they were just standing there (one could only assume with their thumbs up their asses). One guy came and gave us some uncomprehensible orders about where to set the bleachers. Something about "put them over there, behind the stage" as he pointed in about 5 different directions and looked at the 3 or 4 stages that were starting to take form. My co-worker and myself just stood there staring at him blankly until we decided to just leave the bleachers on top of him.

The thing I found most amusing is that there were still trucks hauling gravel out of the quarry (I told you he was speaking in a giant rock crater). So as these people are trying to set up, there are trucks driving all around with loads full of rock, loaders carrying huge limestone slabs and general confusion blanketing the whole operation. It truly looked like a pleasant time.
All in all my day didn't serve much purpose..... until I got to leave work two hours early. It was at this point that the prophecies were fulfilled, the angels sang and I joined Siddhartha in nirvana (which also happens to be an excellent band that is now gently caressing my ear drums). It is truly amazing how things come full circle.

Now I look ahead to a wonderful evening of..... well... nothing! Now that is what I am talking about.

Until next time (if you're lucky),

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com